Tube Opto Compressor Chassis
what you get
- true-to-the-original authentic chassis kits
- made & engineered in Germany
- anodized 2-piece aluminum back chassis powder coated front panel & rack ears
- all cut outs for every single component: no cutting, drilling or filing
- awesome, fully illustrated build manual/step by step guide with tips & wiring layout
- detailed Bill Of Materials with links to every single component & even a Mouser cart
- adapter plates for the input & output transformer
– additional costs for required components: approx. $ 850.00 USD / EUR 750.00 (BOM version)
275.00 € (327.25 € incl. 19% VAT if applicable)
excl. 19% VAT
plus Shipping Costs
Available on backorder
This legendary tube opto compressor without a doubt is one of the most iconic compressors in recording history. With its extremely silky sound and unrivaled simplicity of controls it’s still one of THE go-to weapons for most engineers across the world when it comes to vocals or bass. But obviously it will shine on many other instruments that gain from its unique compression behavior and sonics. With this chassis kit – a faithful re-creation of the vintage design, the awesome and extremely detailed, fully illustrated step by step guide & wiring layout and the bill of materials with all links to every single component you’ll need, you are finally able to add this legendary tube opto compressor to your outboard arsenal without spending a fortune, but yet remaining a 100% up to par with the original legend in terms of quality, sound & looks.
PLEASE NOTE: The chassis kit is designed for the original UTC HA-100x input- and UTC A-24 output transformer, so you could also go all vintage if you want to. In case you want to go with the replacements suggested in the BOM by Sowter, you need the use the Sowter adapter plates (included).
Also if you wanna use a vintage UTC A-10 input transformer instead of the HA-100x we offer an adapter plate for that as well.
The free "Build Your Legend Series" that will enable you to build your own legendary tube opto compressor from scratch
|Dimensions||13.2 × 48.3 × 7.5 cm|
SOWTER – OUT & SOWTER – IN (included), UTC A10 (extra available)
|required skill level||
★★✩✩✩ (almost foolproof due to the awesome 60-pages step by step guide, detailed wiring layout etc. ;D)
|additional costs for required components||
approx. $ 850.00 USD / EUR 750.00 (BOM version)